School of Nursing Undergraduate Advising Staff
Pre-Nursing (PRN) students and nursing (NUR) majors are assigned to an academic advisor based on the student’s last name. Advisor offices are located in the School of Nursing Academic Programs Office, which is in the Clinical Science Center K6/146. The advising case loads are as follows:
|Student Classification||Jeff Gehrke
|PRN (sophomore and up)||H-M||T-Z||N-S||A-G|
Corresponding with Your Advisor
If you have a question for your advisor, we recommend that you begin by sending an email describing your question or situation. Your advisor will either answer you by return email or ask that you schedule an appointment. When you email your advisor, always include your name and campus ID.
- To make an appointment with your undergraduate advisor, schedule on line using WiscCal Scheduling Assistant (https://tools.wisccal.wisc.edu/available/). You may also call 608-263-5166 to schedule an appointment. Email requests for appointments cannot be accommodated.
- Students who are not assigned a School of Nursing advisor and prospective students can call 608-263-5166 to schedule an appointment.
- Students do not need to wait until the timetable is released on the Web to schedule an appointment.
- Seniors should meet with their advisor in the fall to fill out a Senior Graduation Check form to make sure that all graduation requirements will be met in the spring.
- Remember to keep your appointment. Re-scheduling appointments during peak registration can be very difficult. If you will not be able to keep your appointment, call to cancel or reschedule, and email your advisor.