Credentialing for Graduate Students
National Credentialing, Advanced Practice Licensure, and Medicaid Reimbursement Eligibility
Students in the DNP program prepare for advanced practice certification and are credentialed through the agencies listed below.
1. ANCC - American Nurses Credentialing Center
ANCC is the world's largest nurse credentialing organization and a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA).
It has certification exams available for our students as:
- Acute Care NP
- Adult NP
- Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
- Family Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
- Gerontological NP
- Pediatric NP
Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Adult Health CNS
- Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health CNS
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health CNS
- Gerontological CNS
- Pediatric CNS
2. NCC-National Certification Corporation (only MS program graduates)
The National Certification Corporation (NCC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides a national credentialing program for Women's Health Nurse Practitioners.
3. PNCB - Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
The PNCB is the largest independent pediatric nursing certification organization in the country, with over 95% of all pediatric nurses who certify choosing the PNCB (according to PNCB exam brochure).
Licensure in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber
State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing website:
Wisconsin Medicaid Nurse Practitioner Certification Packet by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services