Degree Conferral Information
Students in the last semester of their degree program will need to prepare for graduation. The following information will provide students with steps they need complete prior to their degree confirmation.
- Students must apply to graduate and can do so through their MY UW Student Center. Additional information is available on the Office of the Registrar web site.
- Check DARS Report to make sure all degree requirements have been met. Students should contact their adviser if they have questions.
- Degree Confer date will appear on a Student's official transcript approximately three to four weeks after graduation.
- Graduate School requires students to:
- to be registered for a minimum of 2 credits your final semester
- to have a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 and no more than 3 credits of incomplete on your record. Note that all "I" (incomplete) and "P" (progress) grades must be cleared by the end of the semester
- to have completed or expect to complete the residence requirement in the semester you expect your degree
- The student completes a School of Nursing degree check (see related links)
- Student must submit a Petition to Graduate form to DNP Student Services Coordinator the semester they expect to graduate. A petition is valid for one semester only. Questions about applying for the Petition to Graduate, please contact Marcia Voss, K6/140, at 263-5258 or email: email@example.com
- School of Nursing files a Petition to Graduate with the Graduate School
- All degree requirements are met by the degree deadline date
- The Graduate School issues a warrant to the School of Nursing for each student
- The warrant is signed by the Associate Dean and returned to the Graduate School
- After a final check of the semester grades, the Graduate School completes the warrant and the information on the degree conferral is forwarded to the Registrar
- The degree is posted to transcript in 2-4 weeks; diplomas are mailed in 4 months. A certification of graduation can be requested and sent sooner
- Warrants can be returned unsigned if you cannot complete your degree requirements, but the Graduate School will not allow your name to be added to the graduation list if you miss the deadline.
- Students unable to meet the degree deadline date should discuss the possibility of using a "window" period for completion of degree requirements without registering for additional credit in the next session